Next Mothers Day
2) Be a sport and drive her home. Your home.
3) Get her a fresh towel, a clean sleeping space, a good book and words of love.
4) Take her on the train to a restaurant. But don't dawdle long in the neighborhood. She is delicate and New York is a cesspool of scum.
5) Buy your mom some dinner.
6) Take a long walk home. Hold hands. Exchange words. Talk. Don't get lost.
7) Let her use your computer. Let her play with your cat. Don't lecture her. Just let her live.
8) Do the same thing, but differently, the next few days of her stay. Options include: More walks, a museum on a free admission day, a meal with your cousins, not embarrassing her, not being a sulking baby, respecting your differences, writing her a birthday poem on pretty paper, watching a movie, shooting the breeze, shooting your guns.
9) Drive her back to the LaGuardia airport.
10) Do it again next year.